We are seeking highly motivated individuals to fill the position of Irrigation Technician. Selected candidates will be responsible for maintenance, repairs, and making upgrades to existing irrigation systems. You will be primarily responsible for Level Two repairs such as troubleshooting, enhancing existing systems to make them more efficient, installing pumps, smart irrigation controllers and associated rain sensors and Wi-Fi modules. You will also be doing wet checks and making basic repairs and will have tons of opportunity to learn and excel on the job.
Show full job description
Greenstar Irrigation Co. is a licensed irrigation company. We specialize in irrigation repairs and alterations. Servicing residential and commercial properties for 40 years in Miami-Dade County.
Compensation is based on experience. For this role, the rate is between $18 and $23 an hour.
We pay guaranteed overtime and offer weekly pay and direct deposit. Our irrigation technicians make between $40,000 and $50,000 per year. There are opportunities for performance bonuses, tips, and a (401) k with company match. We offer a fuel allowance and PTO.
The ideal candidate for the irrigation technician position will have a background in irrigation repairs and irrigation systems and be able to work independently with a great attitude and desire for growth.
All employees undergo a background check and a motor vehicle records check. We have a drug-free workplace.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix irrigation systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues and use a wire tracker.
- Perform wet checks, reset timers and make sure the irrigation system is performing properly.
- Install all types of irrigation system components (pumps, timers, valves, and heads to name only a few)
- Understand basic pipe sizing and irrigation design.
- Valve and manifold replacement and rebuilding.
- Adding on to existing systems.
- Ability to work regular physical labor outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Physical ability to work and stand for long durations while using shovels, rakes, and irrigation tools.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, results oriented and the ability to be part of a team.
This Job is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- High stress tolerance
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Motivated to earn production bonuses